I was recently sent and article by someone calling himself GootenNazi88 (I’m pretty sure he meant Guten — German for good) with a request to publish it on this blog. In this article “Mr. Good Nazi” suggested that we all dress up like storm troopers, stand on “soap boxes” on crowded streets, and shout I list of slogans which I’m quite sure he got from some some movie.
He justified this tactic by claiming that that was how the Communists won. While it is true that during the first half of the twentieth century Communists did make fools of themselves in this fashion, they were also marginalized during this time. It wasn’t until they changed tactics that they started gaining influence.
Lets take a look at some of these new tactics1 and see if they spark any ideas:
1. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
2. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
3. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
4. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
5. Gain control of all student newspapers.
6. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
7. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
8. Control art critics and directors of art museums.
9. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
10. Support any socialist movement.
11. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
12. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
13. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
14. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
Perhaps it’s time that we started taking some lessons from the Communists. Just a few ideas would be to run for office, write editorials, and get involved with political, press, and education organizations.
Also keep in mind that you would not be dressed as a storm trooper when performing activism. You want to hide the fact that you are a National Socialist when trying to influence any of the types of organizations mentioned.
And remember that we are not going to win overnight. Have patience and keep fighting.
 For more on Communist tactics see “The Naked Communist” by W. Cleon Skousen.